CodeTown

www.codetown.us ::: a software developer's community

Java (34)

Featured Discussions

study group for Java Certification

Here there is some group of study for people who want to take Java Certification? any one?

Started by Thiago Negromonte RamalhoLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Storing Sensitive Data ( like SSNs )

We might have to store Social Security Numbers.  We REALLY don't want to do this in our own database, we'd like some external 'vault' servi…

Started by Kevin Neelands

1 May 7
Reply by Michael Levin

Documentation standards or guidelines?

Does anyone care to share their suggestions for documentation? I'm asking because I recently had to change a program I wrote more than five…

Started by Miek

1 Apr 11
Reply by Adam Davis

Oracle Embedded MOOC w/ Raspberry PI

If your interested in playing with Java on Raspberry PI - another round of the "Oracle Massive Open Online Course: Develop Java Embedded Ap…

Started by Chris Schaefer

1 Apr 10
Reply by Michael Levin

JavaFX and Netbeans IDE

Is there any knowledge on the horizon on integrating JavaFX into Netbeans in the same way Swing is integrated into it?  Currently,  as I k…

Started by Mike Bivins

0 Dec 11, 2012

Gainesville Events - web and android app

Hey guys checkout my new android app for social events in Gainesville http://goo.gl/qF5sT - the web app built in grails http://goo.gl/bQH

Started by Nemanja Nesic - NEM-

10 Dec 9, 2012
Reply by Michael Levin

Another question on refactoring my NetBeans generated GUI code

Hello all: It has been a few months since my last question.  Had a lot of other projects taking up my time, but I am back to fighting with…

Started by Paul Stearns

0 Jun 20, 2012

A new scheduler in town

Hello OJUG folks, I am excited to tell you that there is a new scheduler project that I've working on, and it's ready for public use. Chec…

Started by Zemian Deng

0 May 29, 2012

Creating separate class files in a large project

Hello all: I have been working on a GUI interface for controlling lights in a planetarium.  I had some trouble getting the communication t…

Started by Paul Stearns

9 Feb 10, 2012
Reply by Jackie Gleason

Java SE 7 OCA Training Lab Full Version Launched

EPractize Labs Software, an emerging global provider for Java Certification Preparation released world’s first exam study guide (Training L…

Started by Treacy Jane

0 Nov 4, 2011

How do you choose a PaaS provider?

As an application platform in the Cloud, PaaS should facilitate Cloud characteristics (i.e. elastic scale, on-demand self service, resource…

Started by Chris Haddad

0 Nov 3, 2011

RSS

Translate Codetown

Looking for Jobs or Staff?

Check out the Codetown Jobs group. There's also a free Jobs mailing list.

Enjoy the site? Support Codetown with your donation.

Reading List

HowStuffWorks "How Cloud Computing Works"

In a cloud computing system, there's a significant workload shift. Local computers no longer have to do all the heavy lifting when it comes to running applications. The network of computers that make up the cloud handles them instead. Hardware and software demands on the user's side decrease. The only thing the user's computer needs to be able to run is the cloud computing system's interface software, which can be as simple as a Web browser, and the cloud's network takes care of the rest...

What cloud computing really means | Cloud Computing - InfoWorld

Cloud computing is all the rage. "It's become the phrase du jour," says Gartner senior analyst Ben Pring, echoing many of his peers. The problem is that (as with Web 2.0) everyone seems to have a different definition...

Cloud computing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cloud computing is the delivery of computing as a service rather than a product, whereby shared resources, software, and information are provided to computers and other devices as a utility (like the electricity grid) over a network (typically the Internet).

Eclipse DemoCamps November 2011 - Eclipsepedia

From November 1-30, we are inviting individuals to organize and attend Eclipse 10th Birthday Parties around the world! Click the link to see details.

YouTube Founders Aim to Revamp Delicious - NYTimes.com

Chad Hurley and Steve Chen have some experience with turning a small Web site into Internet gold. In 2006 they sold their scrappy start-up YouTube to Google for $1.65 billion. Jim Wilson/The New York Times The Delicious office in San Mateo, Calif. It now has around 15 employees, mostly engineers. More recently they picked an unlikely candidate to be their next Web sensation: a Yahoo castoff.
Locations of visitors to this page

Codetown on Facebook

© 2014   Created by Michael Levin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service